Voting

Dates

Report to the MTC ----------- Feb. 10th 2010 12:45 PM

Departure Date ---------------Mar. 2nd to Guatemala CCM

Entered Field------------------Apr. 13th to Chiquilaja

First Baptism------------------May 1st, 2010


Counters


Countup Clocks, Fun Countups at WishAFriend.com

Monday, June 27, 2011

June 27, 2011

Hey Mom and Family!

Well, I have a lot to tell you all about. First of all, one of our investigators that we have, Marcedonio (I don´t remember if I´ve mentioned him or not), is preparing to get baptized on Saturday. He has miraculously stopped drinking all together without much more help from us than just telling him. He seems so much more happy and walks around with a pride like he is in control of his life. He was all ready for church and on time without our having to do much of anything at all. We just need to finish teaching him all the commandments and everything so he can pass the interview. It´s all great and I´m so glad that all our work has begun to pay off. The branch is doing so much better than when we got there and members are starting to figure out how to help us a little bit. We´re teaching the Priesthood brethren their responsibilities and it has surprised me how little they know of what the have the authority to do. We´ve begun many small things that are going to make a big difference in the branch.

Yesterday, we had a Meeting in Quiché about a mission plan for the District that involved a heavy involvement of the members and coordinated and carried out with the missionaries at the head. It was an interesting plan and I was interested in seeing how it was going to turn out... but, I have been called to a new responsibility.

Right after the meeting, I was very passively informed by the zone leaders, almost in mid sentence of a completely different topic, that I had changes today. I had to ask them again to make sure I heard right and they finally told me they weren´t kidding and that I really did have changes. That changed plans very rapidly and we went back home and I packed the rest of the afternoon. At 3:30 in the morning we got up so I could take the nice long ride all the way to Xela. We got here at about 9:00 and I stayed in the chapel, where they were doing interviews, practically all day. I got a really quick interview in saying goodbye to president and him telling me how much he depended on me to be a good missionary for the new president. And then I was finally informed that I´m going to be a District leader in the same zone I was born in, El Bosque. I´m in the area Las Rosas and my companion is going to be Elder Whittaker. He´s not with me right now though because he´s still with Elder Allison my "dad" who is going home tomorrow! It´s CRAZY! Anyway, I´m here with my Zone Leaders, Elder Moody and Elder Hearsch. I´ll be spending the night with them :) I know Elder Hearsch; he's a really good guy always happy and obedient. I don´t really know Moody but he seems like just as good of a guy. I´ve also been told that Elder Whittaker is an extremely good missionary and I´m excited for the new changes that have happened. So, that´s my quick info for you tonight. The Internet is closing soon so I won´t be able to use all the time I usually can today. I might get another chance tomorrow, but if not, I will talk to you next week! I love you all.

Love,

Elder Landon James Crapo

P.S. President Boutista comes in tomorrow. I think there´s a conference on Thursday with him so... We´ll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment