That´s a pretty cool costume! And Hunter is getting so big too. He looks quite a bit older than the pictures I have in my camera. It feels like only a month ago that you sent me the pictures of his alien abduction costume.
I tried to get someone to fix my boots but they made them impossible to wear. I got huge sores on my feet that didn´t go away for a month from trying to wear them. So this change I left them behind. Also the other shoes because I had been re gluing them every month and they finally fell completely apart. So I´m stuck with the nicer Sunday shoes that I´ve got and I´m trying to take care of them the best I can so that they last me the next few months before I come home. I don´t want to buy new shoes here just to use them for a few weeks.
My shirts have surprisingly held out extremely well. It wasn´t until this morning that I found one of my shirts with a tear in the collar like all the missionaries who are going home have. I think I can get through though. I might come home looking a little rough but... I´ve had quite a few adventurous areas.
This week has been an interesting week and a purifying week. I´m not going to hide it anymore, the elders that are here and the ones that were here before seem to have given up hope. They don´t want to do anything because they don´t believe they can do anything. They´re fun to talk to and hang around with on P-Day, but it becomes a temptation to relax during the week. I´ve been working really hard with my companion to help him see clearly the vision once again. But... I find the same lack of faith in myself. I´ve found I don´t believe I can change anyones lives. I´ve tried to change my mind. I´ve studied the subject of faith deeply and have had some pretty amazing spiritual experiences. I´ve tried to explain the things I´ve learned to my companion and increase both our faiths. But we haven´t come to the level I´d like to be at, that I feel we need to be at, in order to make some changes here. We had a really long talk far away from anyone at all about the things we were doing and how, even though it might be fun, doesn´t help in the work. I find I have to be more forward and bold than I have ever been in my life.
Yesterday we were visiting an almost investigator with her inactive mother. Her name is Maritza. We pay her to make us lunch and we´ve done some reorganizing service in her store. Yesterday her daughter had a really swollen mouth from a tooth that a dentist down here pulled. We were afraid of a bad infection and recommended that she take her to the dentist I went to. We talked about it for a long time and then we left her with a blessing. This morning we called to see how things were going and they didn´t even go to the dentist, because she woke up all better. That´s the best thing that happened this week.
Love,
Elder Landon James Crapo
Dates
Report to the MTC ----------- Feb. 10th 2010 12:45 PM
Departure Date ---------------Mar. 2nd to Guatemala CCM
Entered Field------------------Apr. 13th to Chiquilaja
First Baptism------------------May 1st, 2010
Departure Date ---------------Mar. 2nd to Guatemala CCM
Entered Field------------------Apr. 13th to Chiquilaja
First Baptism------------------May 1st, 2010
Counters
Wednesday, November 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment