Yup! P-day is on Tuesday, and you're right, I hardly have time to think about anything other than the many words of Spanish swimming around in my head and the lessons we're supposed to be teaching. I felt very odd at the beginning to be honest. It's all very strange. My district is still in high school mentality so it is hard to feel the way I thought a missionary would. I don't think I have ever needed to ask for the help of the spirit this much before. I think he has always just asked without much thought to it and I've been blessed with everything I've wanted to do. But, now I have to speak Spanish to a mock investigator tomorrow and then teach them the first lesson. They have put a strong emphasis though that we (the missionaries) don't matter as long as we work. It's what the Lord is thinking about the people we will be teaching, we are just the tools; at least that's how one instructor portrayed it. :) I only have 30 minutes to be on my e-mail. There's a little red timer at the corner of my screen so forgive my e-mails they will just be going as fast as I can. I took some pictures but I don't have them with me so I may send you another e-mail with pictures later if I don't run out of time.
My companion's name is Elder McGuire. (I think that's how you spell it) he's from a small town in California near Sacramento. He's all smiles and has no cares in the world yet he works so hard and is very successful in learning the language. I am still struggling to keep up with everyone else in my district but I think I'll be fine. I love all of you and I really want to know what's going on. I think about what is going on at home every night before I go to sleep. My time is almost up so I'll e-mail you in a week. Oh, and I don't remember the Christensens' address, If I want to write Nikki I have to write a letter. Thank you for your prayers and support. ~Landon
To Dad:
Thank you for the updates. They mean a lot to me. Every little detail counts. I only have 10 minutes left so I gOtta be quick.
My first suggestion about preparing for the mission is to get into good sleeping habits and to never forget to pray morning night and for every meal. Doing that will just put them in the right mood and mind set. Also, everything we do here at the MTC is described in more detail than I had ever imagined in the Preach My Gospel. Nick should study that front to back if he want's to know how things go. I have been tired a lot lately but it's getting better. I'm a little concerned about my Spanish, but I do enjoy it. I think Spanish is probably better than English. The grammar actually makes sense. Tell everyone I love them and tell Hunter I miss him too. I still have a little video on my camera of him and I watched it the other day.
Dates
Report to the MTC ----------- Feb. 10th 2010 12:45 PM
Departure Date ---------------Mar. 2nd to Guatemala CCM
Entered Field------------------Apr. 13th to Chiquilaja
First Baptism------------------May 1st, 2010
Departure Date ---------------Mar. 2nd to Guatemala CCM
Entered Field------------------Apr. 13th to Chiquilaja
First Baptism------------------May 1st, 2010
Counters
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




PS. These post say they were done by Elder Crapo...It really is his mom instead! :-)
ReplyDelete