Voting

Dates

Report to the MTC ----------- Feb. 10th 2010 12:45 PM

Departure Date ---------------Mar. 2nd to Guatemala CCM

Entered Field------------------Apr. 13th to Chiquilaja

First Baptism------------------May 1st, 2010


Counters


Countup Clocks, Fun Countups at WishAFriend.com

Monday, September 20, 2010

September 20, 2010

So ya, a lot has been happening in the mission. FORTUNATELY, Momos doesn´t have to wear their jackets every day. Only on Sunday. Don´t worry. I haven´t been affected by anything. I have food that will keep me alive. Eggs and refried beans and pasta keep me alive. I do eat a lot, so I might pull into the funds from home. Actually, I had to buy everything from Xela with my debit card because my mission card wasn´t working, but I´ll just keep that money set aside for more emergencies. Things here have been going ok. There´s a little bit of pressure to get some baptisms, but I just know that nobody in our area is ready and we´re going to have 0 baptisms this month, but I´d rather get no baptisms than a rushed and not lasting baptism. They tell us to focus on souls, but then have a panic when we don´t get numbers. I think it´s because if you focus on numbers you don´t get them. If you focus on souls, miracles happen. So when we don´t get numbers, we´re not doing it right. It´s an extremely odd concept and it´s hard to get everything straight, but I´m learning. I´m just going to continue to do everything the best I can. I´ve learned a lot and have faith that this next month and change I will be better prepared to teach and find with ¨convincing power¨. Other than that, I don´t have much. The lady we challanged isn´t in my area and I haven´t heard much about her from the zone leaders yet. I do know that she is one of the chosen and that she will eventually be baptized. I could just tell. We have a meeting with President on wednesday and everyone´s expecting a castigo. I expect to learn how I can do things better. Don´t worry that I don´t have much to say. Momos is a hard area but I haven´t given up yet. Give me another month and I´ll have something to tell you about, I think. Some things just require patience.

I love you all and thank all of you for your letters and care. I really appreciate your prayers.

Love,

-Elder Landon Crapo

No comments:

Post a Comment