Buenas Tardes Familia,
This week has been another, out of my area, week. We had a conference on Wednesday and we didn´t get home until Thursday. Even though we had a conference, we didn´t get mail. Someone told me that they´re going to hold mail until Christmas so that everyone can get their Christmas on Christmas... I hope that´s not the case. If it is, I may be paying a visit to the office tomorrow, because we have a conference with Elder Clark. The change is practically over, with all the stuff we´re doing outside of the area, and not much has happened. Not only do we not have baptisms at all, but we don´t even have investigators. I´ve been using my time helping pull the Branch together. We showed the first session of conference Friday, because NOBODY showed up to the real thing. We´ll be doing that every week, as well as soccer day on Saturday. I hope that works. Tuesday (while we were in momos waiting for the conference on Wednesday) we helped the Zone Leaders change houses. In the process, I ripped a tiny hole in my suit pants that I was wearing... sorry. The stitching on the bottom of my pant legs, on almost all my pants, are coming undone, so I have to find someone to fix that too. I ended up buying a DVD player from Elder Briggs, one of the elders going home soon, so that´s all taken care of. I got a hold of a K´iche´ lesson book and have been studying that. I´m coming home tri-lingual. I´m hoping I can have more success with the people if I can actually speak their real language.
I´m going to try and find, and buy, a Corte duffle bag thing before changes happen. If not, I´ll be dragging a bag with no wheels, if I have changes next week.
Today is Dia de los Muertos, which is supuestamente, the equivalent of Halloween, but is more like a memorial day from what I´ve seen. People buy flowers and make food for their dead ancestors... what a waste. I´d rather eat food than just set it in a grave to rot... oh well. We bought pupusas for lunch today, which are El Salvadoranian I believe, and they´re really good. (by-the-way, making tortillas are not that hard at all and are extremely bland and not worth it... in my opinion)
Other than that, all is just kind of tranquilo ahora. I love the costumes! I hope you all had a good time. We´ll see what fun events we have this next week. I´m excited for tomorrow.
I love you all,
-Elder Crapo
Dates
Report to the MTC ----------- Feb. 10th 2010 12:45 PM
Departure Date ---------------Mar. 2nd to Guatemala CCM
Entered Field------------------Apr. 13th to Chiquilaja
First Baptism------------------May 1st, 2010
Departure Date ---------------Mar. 2nd to Guatemala CCM
Entered Field------------------Apr. 13th to Chiquilaja
First Baptism------------------May 1st, 2010
Counters
Monday, November 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment