Voting

Dates

Report to the MTC ----------- Feb. 10th 2010 12:45 PM

Departure Date ---------------Mar. 2nd to Guatemala CCM

Entered Field------------------Apr. 13th to Chiquilaja

First Baptism------------------May 1st, 2010


Counters


Countup Clocks, Fun Countups at WishAFriend.com

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

July 25, 2011 PICTURES!!!!!!!

There was no explanation with the pictures but I'll take whatever I can get!!! Those that follow this blog know that pictures are few and far between! SOOO good to see his smile again!!!



Dear Mom and Family,

I can't believe I forgot to tell you that I did get the package. I got it about 3 weeks ago. I really enjoyed all the candy and the rice was really good. I got the card and it works. Thank you so much for sending it.

This week we have been working hard with three people.
Luis Juarez: We have/had a baptismal date for him for this Saturday, but the problem is we keep losing contact with him and he hasn't come to church for four weeks because something always comes up. He has attended church two times but that was before I was here. We set an appointment with his sister for today and we're hoping he's there.
Melissa Godinez:The sister of a recent convert and friend of our next door neighbors. She is a reference from familia Velasquez our neighbors. She has come to church once with them and since then, we've had two family nights with her. Our next appointment we plan to invite her to get baptized.
Familia Martinez and Margarita: The Martinez family is inactive. The Husband says that there isn't any "amistad" in the ward and that's why he doesn't go. The wife want's to go but won't go without her husband. Despite them being inactive, they have strong testimonies that the church is the true church of Jesus Christ. Our approach with them was to get them involved in the missionary work in hopes that when one of their friends begins to progress, it will strengthen their testimony and they will have to help bring their friends to church. Margarita is the friend that Sister Martinez chose to invite. Tomorrow we're going to meet with Brother and Sister Martinez to know how the invitation went.

That's about all that is going on right now... Except I almost forgot to mention that we had changes this week and the district has been changed a lot. I now have a new companion, Elder Sunun (the same one who was in my district these past few weeks); One of the two other missionaries that I was having trouble with has made the decision to go home and his companion was changed out. so there are three new elders in the district.

Thanks again for the package and I'm sorry I didn't say anything. I hope you all get feeling better soon.

Love,

Elder Landon James Crapo

No comments:

Post a Comment