Voting

Dates

Report to the MTC ----------- Feb. 10th 2010 12:45 PM

Departure Date ---------------Mar. 2nd to Guatemala CCM

Entered Field------------------Apr. 13th to Chiquilaja

First Baptism------------------May 1st, 2010


Counters


Countup Clocks, Fun Countups at WishAFriend.com

Monday, December 12, 2011

December 12, 2011

(In reference to questions concerning a family from Guatemala that are coming for a visit this week) They´re not that different from a family back home. Edgar (the dad) is very businesslike and straight faced and I think if it seems to him like he´s in the way he´ll change his mind, but he is really courteous. The wife, Betty, is about the opposite. She LOVES to talk and she loves to cook. She wanted to know some recipes from me but we ran out of time. She likes the banana bread as well as all the family and they were hoping to be able to make some cheesecake but I never even got the chance to ask you for the recipe. I don´t know how much time you´ll actually have at home to be able to do something like that but just so you know. When I was with them we usually just ate beans and eggs and bread, but that´s just the night time snack right before bed if your hungry. Just know that they´re more like a states family than any Guatemala family I´ve known.


The dedication was awesome! A lot of people told stories of their pioneer ancestors who saw the missionaries in a dream or a recently deceased spouse who returned to tell his wife that he was not happy where he was at that time but that he would soon leave that place. The reason was because the wife´s sister was about to do the temple work for him. There were many stories like that. The dedicatory prayer was beautiful. I liked it a lot.

(In reference to an email that I got from this lady asking for recipes)
Bonnie is the lady who has been feeding us really well and Zumbas is the restaurant. It´s been really good and I´ve asked her if she can make me a batch of home made caramel and I also was wondering if she could get the pineapple cookies to work since I couldn´t.


For Christmas, I will call. The limit is 40 minutes and I have to buy the minutes on our phone with my own money.


That´s about all I know. The Christmas conference is the 22nd, so there´s still some time (for his package to get there). Thanks so much and I love you all.

Love,

Elder Landon James Crapo

No comments:

Post a Comment