Voting

Dates

Report to the MTC ----------- Feb. 10th 2010 12:45 PM

Departure Date ---------------Mar. 2nd to Guatemala CCM

Entered Field------------------Apr. 13th to Chiquilaja

First Baptism------------------May 1st, 2010


Counters


Countup Clocks, Fun Countups at WishAFriend.com

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

April 7, 2010

Happy Anniversary! And thanks for the scripture cases. I was worried because apparently the guy has already started on it and I wasn´t sure if you would have said yes. I loved conference. Because we were in the CCM, we were able to watch it in English which makes me very happy because I don´t think I would have been able to get very much of it. There´s too much to say and I hardly have any time. Really quick though, I want to express my excitement for the new Duty to God program and want to encourage Colton and Alex to work really hard on it. I think it will teach more and actually help more with making decisions and being well rounded even more than the old one. I think it will be exciting and fun if you really get into it. For Nick, I suggest to become really acquainted with Preach my Gospel. You can really know everything that being a missionary is a bout by going through the entire thing. And I don´t know how it´s going or not, but I would ask that all of you please continue to read and pray as a family every morning and pray for me because I´m going to need the prayers. I contacted in the terenchetas, or whatever you call them, again. The Centro del Ciudad. This time the progress was opposite. I spoke a lot more but I still don´t understand very much, just general ideas of what is being said. I may miss a ´not´ or something like that which changes the entire meaning in the sentence which can be really frustrating. We also ran into a couple of people who were telling us that we were going to hell because we didn´t observe the Sabbath on Saturday, the 7th day of the week, and they had all these scriptures prepared to tell us all the reasons we were going to hell. I couldn´t understand most of the words but their message was very clear. It made me sad because I could see how stuck up they were and closed minded they were. I could see the hardness in their eyes and it really made me sad. I had to drag my companion away from them. He kept offering them pamphlets and things like that, but they wouldn´t even let us talk. I tried to explain to him that they were waisting our time and that there were other people that needed to hear us and that it was preventing us from finding those people, but, that was only the worst case. I went to talk to one guy who and we started teaching him and as soon as we gave him a pamphlet and a Book of Mormon, like the flipping of a switch, he started to cry and say thank you to us. It was totally unexpected and I really wish I could have understood what he was telling us but I was grateful that I knew to talk to him because we had already passed him and then turned around to talk to him. There were a lot of people that we talked to that also were receptive but since all we are doing is getting their direcciones, we don´t actually get to see if they progress or not. It makes me really want to go out into the field. I can´t wait. I only have one more week. yo se que la Iglesia as verdadera y que estoy donde necesito estar. os quiero.

No comments:

Post a Comment