Mariela's Baptism
Pablo's Baptism
These are the pictures of the two baptisms we had on Saturday the first. Pablo and Mariela. I ended up baptizing Mariela because Elder Allison decided he´d be nice and let me do it... I ended up drowning her because we failed to tell her how to do everything, but she´s OK now. Pablo is getting married this Saturday on the 8th which is also Elder Allison´s birthday. Those are the only two investigators of Elder Pack´s that we know of. All the rest of the stuff he wrote to us doesn´t make sense or the people are hiding from us. If you have any extra information on investigators, that would be good. We do know Anthony Ramos. He´s the one that reminds me so much of Colton. He´s a really fun kid. We´re hoping to go far with his family. His mom is an inactive member, we just found out. His dad makes that corte cloth stuff and we got to watch him making one. We´re thinking of having him make some custom stuff for us and then maybe one p-day, we want to go and do some of it too so we can say "I made this part of it." It´s really cool. That´s actually how we kind of got the trust of his father. I just hope when we start teaching, they´ll still be receptive. We´ve had a lot of investigators kind of fall.
Audelina hides from us every time we make a cita with her so we stopped scheduling time and said we´d just visit her every once in a while.
There was a family in a pan shop that we were teaching but they don´t want to do anything. They won´t even pray, so we did the same thing.
Serai is another one that Elder Pack had. She has a lot of knowledge about teachings of another church and it´s getting in the way. She tries to correct us when we teach her and it ends up in an argument with her and Elder Allison. Until we can convince here that we aren´t just teaching from bible studies but actual revelation to modern prophets, we aren´t going to get anywhere past sharing ideals and interpretations of the bible. She refuses to believe that there have been corruptions in the bible. She believes that even though there are a ton of different bible versions, they all are correct and that the words aren´t important, just the feeling you get when you read it. Yet she was arguing with Elder Allison about God not having a body. It wasn´t a good lesson and I had no hope of getting anything out, so all I could do was sit and watch. In the end, she said that we were learning from her. I don´t know how yet, but we need to find a way to get her to understand that what we are teaching her is more than interpretation of the bible. I just don´t know what we can say to her that she will believe. We´ve tried to get her to pray to know the things we teach her, but she isn´t exercising faith and she says she doesn´t receive an answer. We asked her to fast with us and she said she would so... we´ll see how the next lesson goes.
I gave a big letter full of all the letters I wrote, but couldn´t send, to our zone leaders today, so it should be coming. I just don´t know how long it´s going to take. The fastest way to send letters to me is through pouch mail. I got the letter from Sister Thompson within like a week and a half of her sending it so... that´s the way to go. I don´t remember what the mailing address she used was but you can find out how to do it I´m sure.
I will call you on Sunday some time in the afternoon and tell you to call me back. That´s how it´s going to go I think. That way, we don´t overlap me and Elder Allison. I think that´s everything. If not I´ll try to remember next week.
Love,
-Elder Crapo




No comments:
Post a Comment