Voting

Dates

Report to the MTC ----------- Feb. 10th 2010 12:45 PM

Departure Date ---------------Mar. 2nd to Guatemala CCM

Entered Field------------------Apr. 13th to Chiquilaja

First Baptism------------------May 1st, 2010


Counters


Countup Clocks, Fun Countups at WishAFriend.com

Monday, May 24, 2010

May 24, 2010

Wow, I didn´t know that it was 100 days. I´ve just been counting all the weeks. I'm on week 16 right now. I still don't know where I'm going, if I'm changing my area, what mission I'm going into, etc... All I know is that the mission is splitting this change, which apparently means any time within the next 6 weeks. I do know that I'm almost at the 4 month mark which is 1/6th of my mission, which is too much time with how little I've been able to accomplish. I don't know enough Spanish, and I just haven't done enough to be 1/6th of the way done. It's great that you're getting so much done and it's so sad that it snowed and the plants might be dead. Don't let that discourage you though. It's all just part of the farming game ;)

That's awesome that Nick was on TV. I'm glad to hear that everything is working out for him.

I really want to see pictures of Lucas! He's probably gotten so big already.

It does sound like you've had a busy Sunday. I don't exactly get a dia de reposo either though. Often times we have citas in Chiquilaja on Sundays, and then our lunch and dinner citas on the other end of the area. When the mission requirements say that you need to be able to walk at least 10 miles every day, we're that 'at least' and 'every day' part of that statement.

This week... we're kind of running in place right now. Nobody is progressing. The two baptisms we had aren't really ours, they're Elder Pack's. We haven't had much luck with anyone else we have found ourselves and we haven't really gotten any references. That said, there is one person that I'm really excited for. His name is Jorge Castillo. (pronounced horhay) He's the guy we found last Saturday when I randomly decided to go down that one street. He is actually thinking, asking questions, and reading the parts of the Book of Mormon that we ask him to. We're just waiting for him to gain a small testimony so that we can get him to start coming to Sacrament Meetings so we can set a baptismal date. So, I guess I lied when I said nadie esta progresando. It is just a little depressing to be talking to people and giving some pretty amazing testimonies that have even surprised me, and they all just come back with their comments 'solo un Dios', 'somos la Iglesia de Dios', 'cada iglesia es verdadera', and 'no quiero jugar con Dios' There's an importance in always learning something. When people stop learning, after a while they lose their capacity to learn. That is why we stress education so much. It really doesn't matter what area of education you go into, as long as you are always learning and retain the capacity to learn. I love the people here, especially the member families. They remind me of being home with all of you and I look forward to the time when I can spend time with all of you once again.

Sorry that I still don't know what's going on. I'll let you know as soon as I can. I love you all.

~Elder Landon Crapo.

1 comment:

  1. The work may seem slow, but even just that one man he's teaching is huge! I think of the blessings that have come to me three generations after my grandma joined the church in guatemala over 50 years ago. It was just one person at the time, yet my brothers all served missions, we all got married in the temple, and the next generation of missionaries is going out now. Tell him that even one baptism is important and he is changing eternity for him! Hope you are all doing well. I think of your family often and wish our boys didn't have to split up after the CCM.

    ReplyDelete