Dear Mom and family,
I don't know exactly what to write this week. A lot of things have happened but it's all become a normal routine. I went and did a few interviews and the elders in Cuchumatanes married and baptized a couple this past week and it was really neat to do the interviews. It amazes me some times the faith that these people have and how prepared people can be before baptism. It makes me so happy when I can talk to people who actually think about things and feel the spirit. Here Satan has built about a million churches that only shout and scream and play rock music and all sorts of stuff and then they call their excitement "the spirit". It drives me nuts to the point I just want to run inside and shout to all of them how lost they are and show them how much more there is than going to a church made out of thin sheets of metal EVERY DAY only to pay money, listen to crazy music, and shout gibberish for hours. No joke, there are churches on every block. There are almost as many churches as there are houses. So when someones spiritual ears haven't gone completely deaf, I get excited.
Apart from that, we found some positive news. While I was doing interviews, Elder Tellez was in my area contacting with my comp and they contacted some school students living together. So we went to teach them Saturday and after teaching them about the Plan of Salvation, they asked questions that lead to baptism and then they asked questions that lead to the restoration. By the time we were done answering all their questions, we'd taught them everything there is to teach them. And then they came to church yesterday. So... Today we have a family night with the bishop and those that came to church today. I feel it's not going to be very much time before they get baptized.
Apart from that, everything else has pretty much fallen. Rolando and Juana didn't come and we're not going to focus on them until they actually decide to come. So... that's that. We have changes this week so we'll see how that goes.
I'm finally sending a few pictures. The baptisms from left to right are Luis, Maynor, and Alex. We went to go see some ruins one P-day and so I have a couple of pictures of that.
Love,
Elder Landon James Crapo



I don't know exactly what to write this week. A lot of things have happened but it's all become a normal routine. I went and did a few interviews and the elders in Cuchumatanes married and baptized a couple this past week and it was really neat to do the interviews. It amazes me some times the faith that these people have and how prepared people can be before baptism. It makes me so happy when I can talk to people who actually think about things and feel the spirit. Here Satan has built about a million churches that only shout and scream and play rock music and all sorts of stuff and then they call their excitement "the spirit". It drives me nuts to the point I just want to run inside and shout to all of them how lost they are and show them how much more there is than going to a church made out of thin sheets of metal EVERY DAY only to pay money, listen to crazy music, and shout gibberish for hours. No joke, there are churches on every block. There are almost as many churches as there are houses. So when someones spiritual ears haven't gone completely deaf, I get excited.
Apart from that, we found some positive news. While I was doing interviews, Elder Tellez was in my area contacting with my comp and they contacted some school students living together. So we went to teach them Saturday and after teaching them about the Plan of Salvation, they asked questions that lead to baptism and then they asked questions that lead to the restoration. By the time we were done answering all their questions, we'd taught them everything there is to teach them. And then they came to church yesterday. So... Today we have a family night with the bishop and those that came to church today. I feel it's not going to be very much time before they get baptized.
Apart from that, everything else has pretty much fallen. Rolando and Juana didn't come and we're not going to focus on them until they actually decide to come. So... that's that. We have changes this week so we'll see how that goes.
I'm finally sending a few pictures. The baptisms from left to right are Luis, Maynor, and Alex. We went to go see some ruins one P-day and so I have a couple of pictures of that.
Love,
Elder Landon James Crapo




No comments:
Post a Comment