Voting

Dates

Report to the MTC ----------- Feb. 10th 2010 12:45 PM

Departure Date ---------------Mar. 2nd to Guatemala CCM

Entered Field------------------Apr. 13th to Chiquilaja

First Baptism------------------May 1st, 2010


Counters


Countup Clocks, Fun Countups at WishAFriend.com

Monday, March 14, 2011

March 7, 2011

Happy Birthday Mom!

I'm sorry I don't have anything special for you for your birthday today... I'll have to make it up to you next year I guess.

Thanks for the letter. It still seems really weird to me that so much is changing so quickly in my absence. I'm so glad that all of you are happy and having success in the things that you are doing. I miss all of you so much too. I can't wait to be able to spend time celebrating with all of you once again.

So, the cookies didn't quite turn out as well as planned. They expanded a ton and ended up being really flat and burnt and crispy... but they still tasted pretty good and they still liked it (even though I was hoping for the soft moist cookies that I remember).

Juana and Rolando (relatives of Alex) have been kind of frustrating lately. They like when we come and teach but they never come to church. Every Saturday we go to invite them and they say they can come but then the next day someone calls in for him to work, or family shows up and they stay home for that or whatever reason. We would have left them by now but they seem so positive and they promised us that they'll be able to come next week... so we'll see what happens. Apart from that, I've been working a lot out of my area. I did interviews in Chiantla (Elder Bown and Elder Cuellar) for a family of 8 on Friday and Saturday. Saturday they got married and yesterday they were baptized and confirmed. It was awesome and Elder Bown always continues to amaze me with his success. It´s looking like the entire district is going to have successful baptisms already this month too. Apart from that I'm just loving my mission. I love being able to study every morning and enjoy learning with my companion. I don't know why but I feel an excitement in the things I will be able to witness this last half of my mission.

Love,

Elder Landon James Crapo

No comments:

Post a Comment