Voting

Dates

Report to the MTC ----------- Feb. 10th 2010 12:45 PM

Departure Date ---------------Mar. 2nd to Guatemala CCM

Entered Field------------------Apr. 13th to Chiquilaja

First Baptism------------------May 1st, 2010


Counters


Countup Clocks, Fun Countups at WishAFriend.com

Monday, April 4, 2011

April 4, 2011

Dear mom and family,


It has been quite an interesting week actually. The conference was canceled after we had canceled all of our citas so we practically didn't have anything to do for the week. What we did end up doing though was organize everything so that the branch could go to General Conference. We made invitations and arranged for the buses to come pick them up and all that fun stuff. It was a good thing too because the branch president didn't even know that we were going to have General Conference. He kept telling us that he wasn't even sure that we were going to have it or not because none of his leaders had told him about it. We had to explain to him that it is ALWAYS the first week of April and October. It's just kind of interesting the things we take advantage of growing up in the church and I've learned that I know a lot more than I realize, things that I take for granted and assume that it's common knowledge.


I really enjoyed conference this weekend though. I found a TON of things that were applicable to me and to my area. Every question that I had in my mind, both that I was looking for and not looking, for were answered. One thing I found interesting was that if you wanted a description of what it is like here in Guatemala, listen to the talk from Walter F. Gonzales from the first session. We all were laughing when he was describing his experience because it was exactly how it is. (We were all alone in the English room far away from everyone else) I will definitely be able to show that talk to many of the investigators that we have right now.


That's one of the main ones I can think of. I loved Priesthood session a lot. Apart from that, this next week looks like we're going to have the Conference that we were supposed to have this last week... We will see what happens; We're not sure yet.


I have to cook for myself in this area and I was wondering if you had any good recipes to make a granola or something like that for cereal because cereal is extremely expensive and I'm getting very bored eating oatmeal all the time. Thanks for your love and support and I'll talk to you next week.

Love,

Elder Landon James Crapo

No comments:

Post a Comment