Wow, Memorial Day, I didn´t even have a clue that it was Memorial Day. This last week has been a little crazy. I can´t tell you my address because I don´t have one. I can kind of give you a clue of where it is. My area is San Filipe, Chiquilaja, Parracana, and Choqui. I live in Choqui. I live really close to the bridge and if you keep going along that road past the bridge you reach the Rotanda, or however you spell it, and there´s a big huge Catholic overpass thing there. A little bit further, there´s a round about with a statue in the middle. So, if you can find that bridge, that´s basically where I live. The house I live in says Internet on it and there are some stairs that go up and we live above the Internet cafe. So, I know about the volcano, but it´s the tropical storm that made my week exciting. I am still in my same area with my same companion and so you can understand the situation we were in this past week. Chiquilaja is the lowest area around Quetzaltenango, so all the water was running off to Chiquilaja. We´re lucky the storm died yesterday instead of getting bigger because our area would not exist today. We got evacuated on Saturday to a different area and had to spend the night in the zone leader´s house of zone Oeste. We had little notice and only had all the food we had and everything valuable to us. It was crazy and we didn´t know what the heck was going on. If the storm had grown instead of died we would have had to stay there until Thursday, but it died so we got to come back yesterday. The thing is, just on the other side of the bridge, all the houses on the two roads that run somewhat parallel there, up until the rotanda, are destroyed. That whole area was flooded about 4 feet when we saw it as we were leaving. There is mud in those streets now a few inches high. We had to walk through it to get to my house and to get to the capilla and internet today. It´s bad. Two people died when a house collapsed on top of them too. That´s what this weekend has been like. Luckily nobody in our area has been affected, but it was really close.
I still want to know about all the things that are going on at home. Just because there are storms here doesn´t mean I don´t care what´s going on at home. I can´t remember exactly where my scripture is and though I´m almost positive I´m in Quetzaltenango mission, they´re going to have a couple of emergency changes before they make things final. So...I´ll try to have all the information next week. Sorry. Thanks for the letters, I really appreciate them. I have a lot of work to do this week so don´t worry about me, I´ll be busy.
Dates
Report to the MTC ----------- Feb. 10th 2010 12:45 PM
Departure Date ---------------Mar. 2nd to Guatemala CCM
Entered Field------------------Apr. 13th to Chiquilaja
First Baptism------------------May 1st, 2010
Departure Date ---------------Mar. 2nd to Guatemala CCM
Entered Field------------------Apr. 13th to Chiquilaja
First Baptism------------------May 1st, 2010
Counters
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment