Ok, I´m staying in Quetzaltenango for sure now. That scripture works. I don´t even know what scripture is my favorite anymore. There are too many.
This is the last week of the change and I hope that I don´t have to change areas. I still have a cough with a lot of phlem, but I feel perfectly fine now. I´m always still a little sick, but it´s always bearable, and most of the time not even noticeable now. This last week was jam packed with stuff. There´s no way that I have time to write them all, but I can tell you who we are teaching right now.
There´s a familia Camacho. We found them Tuesday and have taught them 4 lessons. It´s a grandma, a mom, and three kids named Maria, Juana, Maria, Abraham, and David. Everyone is really positive and I´m sure would be baptized, except the grandma is extremely attached to her religion. We´re working on that and we´ll see how things go.
Dionicio is related to EVERYONE in the ward almost. We´ve been teaching him for a week and a half now and he has decided to get baptized. He just needs to come to church a couple of times and get married. The problem is, his uncle Marciano Chajchalac is very skeptical about him, and in turn, Dionicio has become very self conscious and afraid of his judgement. We have to fix that problem. Still, Dionicio will come to church next Sunday. He just wants to be as invisible as possible so as to not draw attention and judgemental looks to himself. We´re working with him, and I´m almost positive he´ll be baptized with his family as soon as we can get him married.
Yesterday, we found a menos activo who moved into our area because the storm flooded their house. The wife is a member, but when she got married she stopped going to church. Now they both are receptive to us and we´ll see how it goes. They have two little boys who are very outgoing and fun.
There are a lot of other contacts, but those are the most positive at the moment. For this reason, I don´t want to leave. We just started to pick things up and these would be my first baptisms that we actually taught.
So, did you get my bike fixed or did you go buy a new one or neither? You may want to know that there´s model car paint on the ping-pong table. Everyone in the family is just an amazing actor and singer, huh? (this was in response to his little brother Hunter getting a lead part in the 2nd grade musical)
Nikki said she was going to chop her hair and donate it. If that´s what she has you do, I want to see what it looks like. I know she´s going to hate that idea and probably refuse, but I just want to see how her hair looks shorter. She says it would be better. I just want to see.
I did buy a keyboard. I´ve been trying to practice some simple hymnos that my comp has. I have a long way to go.
Thank you for all your prayers and love. Just know that I´m always going to be OK on my mission. When I´m sick, it will only be for a short time. Just think of it as another part of the learning experience that is necessary. Besides, this week has been awesome!
Love,
Elder Landon Crapo
Dates
Report to the MTC ----------- Feb. 10th 2010 12:45 PM
Departure Date ---------------Mar. 2nd to Guatemala CCM
Entered Field------------------Apr. 13th to Chiquilaja
First Baptism------------------May 1st, 2010
Departure Date ---------------Mar. 2nd to Guatemala CCM
Entered Field------------------Apr. 13th to Chiquilaja
First Baptism------------------May 1st, 2010
Counters
Monday, June 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment