Thanks for the concern, ya, my area is actually not bad. The area right next to mine was flooded really bad, but mine wasn´t. Everyone is ok. Still, we went to help some people clean their house on Tuesday. We swept water all afternoon (even after the dirt was gone) because the man just kept spraying water everywhere. They were an older couple and didn´t have much education/sense of purpose, in my opinion, so all they were doing was cleaning one room all day long. The guy just seemed lost mentally, content in menial work. That´s kind of the way most of the people are here. They love, but with their lack of education, they´ve lost some things that we take for granted. I´ve definitely learned the importance of education even more than I had thought before.
Other than that, we´ve just been working with what we can, trying to get some good investigators. It´s been tough with all the interruptions, the storm, and the fact that either my companion or I am sick quite often. It´s just the dust from the storm that gets in our system and we are just constantly fighting sickness off. I´ve been doing much better than my companion though. It´s like I always feel good until he get´s really bad and then I get a little sick, but it´s always my companion who get´s the worst of it. I´ve been eating yogurt almost every day like Zac told me to, and the propolis which should be added onto the list of stuff to put in a package. That and razor attachments to my Gillette razor thing. They´re in an orange box. I have bought an umbrella but it was small and only cost $5. I also bought a pillow about the same price I think. I bought them at the same time so... If dad could figure out how to get a balance of my card sent to my e-mail, that´d be really good.
So, my balmy weather is more like scorching or drenching. :) Either it´s extremely hot, or it´s pouring. There´s no happy middle. I guess that´s what you call the rainy season here. So anyway, we still don´t have anyone who has a baptismal date, not even very many attendances for sacrament meeting. I´ll let you know if our efforts are fruitful. I´ve organized a mission log thing. I think grandpa would be proud of it. I still have a bIt to work on it, but it´ll have all my progress records of my investigators in it and a summary of what happened in a change and things like that. My companion thinks it´s a stupid idea but I don´t really care. He just thinks it´s too much work probably. Well, my time is about up but I love you all and I hope you all have a good week. I´m safe so don´t worry. It seems that all the 14 storms that are supposed to hit us this summer are pretty mellow and may be blown towards Europe.
-Elder Landon Crapo
PS. Thanks Ashley for the letter!
Dates
Report to the MTC ----------- Feb. 10th 2010 12:45 PM
Departure Date ---------------Mar. 2nd to Guatemala CCM
Entered Field------------------Apr. 13th to Chiquilaja
First Baptism------------------May 1st, 2010
Departure Date ---------------Mar. 2nd to Guatemala CCM
Entered Field------------------Apr. 13th to Chiquilaja
First Baptism------------------May 1st, 2010
Counters
Monday, June 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment