Dear Family,
This week has gone fairly slow. We haven´t gotten hardly any new investigators this week. We´ve spent most of our time with members, since my companion can´t really be standing all the time. I´m already pushing him fairly hard as it is. He tore a ligament in his knee about 8 months ago and made it worse by playing soccer with a bad knee about 6 months ago. Now he´s hurt it again this last Monday trying to play soccer, once again, even though the nurses told him not to. So now he´s limping behind and complaining a lot. (I get all my frustration from all the complaining out though, when I make him put ice and hot pads on his knee to stop the swelling. That may not be very Christlike of me, but at least I know that it´s actually helping and not just causing pain.)
Melisa is still progressing but we haven´t set a baptismal date yet because we haven´t had a real lesson in a while. We go over there and help her brother with some chores he has, or we help her with her homework that she´s struggling with, but we didn´t have time afterwards to have a lesson. I´m hoping on Tuesday to set the goal with her.
We are only teaching Luis´s older sister, Naomi, now. His mom doesn´t want to go to church any more and Luis is always out playing soccer when we come, even when we make an appointment with him. So we´re working with his sister. We´re trying to get some members to come with us to the lessons too. The last lesson we had with her, she told us that she´d go to church until they changed us out because then she wouldn´t know anyone in church.
We still don´t have a ward mission leader. We keep asking the bishop about it and there´s always some problem with the person they were going to call, so we´re still waiting for that.
Today I´m in charge of P-day. We´ve planned on playing dodge ball (because I´m sick of everyone playing the racist card when we say either soccer or basketball, and because I like dodge ball better than either of those) and afterwards, I´m making pineapple burgers with hash browns for everyone. It´s going to be a lot of work but hopefully everyone will be pleased. I´ll let you know how it goes next week.
Love Elder Landon James Crapo
Dates
Report to the MTC ----------- Feb. 10th 2010 12:45 PM
Departure Date ---------------Mar. 2nd to Guatemala CCM
Entered Field------------------Apr. 13th to Chiquilaja
First Baptism------------------May 1st, 2010
Departure Date ---------------Mar. 2nd to Guatemala CCM
Entered Field------------------Apr. 13th to Chiquilaja
First Baptism------------------May 1st, 2010
Counters
Sunday, August 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment