Dear Mom and Family,
This week was kind of an interesting week. Elder Potter went home this week so his companion, Elder Bergeson, stayed with us for the rest of the week. It was interesting. We talked about it a little bit on Tuesday before he came, and we determined that it was going to cause problems with my companion, Elder Merlo. We were right. The problem that Elder Merlo has with me is that I don´t like doing anything that seems even the smallest bit against the rules, like watching TV, or listening to music that´s just a little iffy like "The Singles Ward" and "Sons of Provo". He get´s really mad at me and feels like I think I know everything. So when Elder Bergeson came in he tried as hard as he could to befriend him and then talk bad about me so that Elder Bergeson would start to hate me too. Elder Bergeson had decided even before he came that he was going to be neutral and not pick sides, which I am grateful for. However, the unnecessary comments and the backbiting still got really ridiculous. It got really annoying, but with all the experiences I´ve had with all these different missionaries, I´ve stopped caring about any of that kind of thing.
To be honest, that conflict is the reason why we haven´t got much done around here. We have not been able to teach together and the only thing he wanted to do was hang out at members houses and become their friend. He talks all the time and I´m not the kind of person who interrupts someone so I usually just sit there and listen. I know that that is something I need to change and I´ve been working on it.
Yesterday was kind of a fun day in church. We managed to get a less active member to come to church with us. Her name is Kendra and she stopped coming to church soon after her baptism. She has a lot of questions like why are there three separate kingdoms if our families are supposed to be together and why can´t women be in the bishopric or pass the sacrament. During Sunday school we helped a little in primary. One of the sisters asked me to Sing "I know that my redeemer lives" to the class and explain about the resurrection. It was kind of fun, but I realized I´m losing a little of my singing ability because almost nobody can sing down here. All the little kids got quiet when I started singing and were all staring at me intently while I was singing. I really enjoyed it. It was a lot more fun than sitting in priesthood listening to all the smart-alec comments from the peanut gallery.
Last week with the P-day activities... It went ok. I didn´t play dodge ball because I spent all the time making the food and most of the Latin missionaries didn´t like it, but it was worth a try. The truth is these people are hard to please and I think they just have the habit of complaining no matter what happens.
I know the changes now! Last night the Zone Leaders called me and let me know the changes of my district. Elder Merlo has changes and I´m staying, so I´ll be getting a new companion tomorrow.
Melisa has kind of avoided lessons now. She really likes it when we visit but after my companion tried to get her to commit to a baptismal date, she kind of shies away from lessons. I plan on teaching more about the commandments and commit her to commandments, one-by-one until she has committed to them all, and then commit her to baptism, because then she can´t say that she doesn´t feel like she´s ready.
That´s about all that´s been happening lately. We still don´t have a Ward Mission Leader so it´s a little difficult but we´re helping organize the ward a little bit more with their meetings and everything. We´re planning an activity to help unify the ward. If we can do that, I think the Lord will bless us with people to teach.
Wish me luck, I´ve got 4 changes left and I´m hoping I can make them count.
Love,
Elder Landon James Crapo
Dates
Report to the MTC ----------- Feb. 10th 2010 12:45 PM
Departure Date ---------------Mar. 2nd to Guatemala CCM
Entered Field------------------Apr. 13th to Chiquilaja
First Baptism------------------May 1st, 2010
Departure Date ---------------Mar. 2nd to Guatemala CCM
Entered Field------------------Apr. 13th to Chiquilaja
First Baptism------------------May 1st, 2010
Counters
Monday, August 29, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment